4th GeoShanghai International Conference, 27-30 May 2018, Shanghai, China
The 4th GeoShanghai International Conference will be held on May 27 to 30, 2018 in Shanghai, China. The abstract submission is open until 30 April, 2017. The abstract submission is through the conference web site: http://geo-shanghai.org/.
GeoShanghai is a series of international conferences on geotechnical engineering held in Shanghai every four years. It offers a platform of sharing recent developments of the start-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice in geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering.
The list of themes covered by the conference includes:
- Soil behavior & geomechanics
- Unsaturated soil mechanics
- Seepage and porous mechanics
- Rock mechanics and rock engineering
- Pavement mechanics and engineering
- Geotechnical in-situ testing & monitoring
- Environmental geotechnics
- Transportation geotechnics
- Offshore geotechnics
- Mining geotechnics
- Energy-related geotechnics
- Behavior of biotreated geomaterials and foundations
- Geomechanics at macro & micro scales
- Ground improvement
- Soil dynamics & earthquake engineering
- Landfills and contaminated soil
- Sustainability in geotechnical engineering
- Deep excavations & retaining structures
- Shafts & deep foundations
- Tunneling and underground constructions
- Pavement materials and structures
- New frontiers in geotechnology
- Case studies
Shanghai is a unique cosmopolitan city where traditional Chinese culture has been blended seamlessly into those from all over the world. The geotechnical and underground engineering in Shanghai currently is under rapid development (e.g. deep excavation of more than 80m for drainage tunnel).
More information in the Conference brochure.